Best instructions for the 4-way (box knot, square stitch) Scoubidou, Boondoggle, gimp, rexlace, or lanyard
Made from just 2 thin plastic strings
The classic 4-way is one of the most well-known and simplest scoubi-doggle(boondoggle, scoubidou, gimp, rexlace). You use 2 strands, usually different colors, and plastic laces about 2-3 feet long to make this craft. This is a great craft to make on campouts. The Boy Scouts of America program has become very well known for its' scouts weaving away with these colorful plastic strands. If you want to start learning how to make scoubi-doggles (boondoggle, scoubidou, gimp, rexlace), Or if you're looking for a fun new craft to make (or for your kids to make), Then this is the best knot to use. It's great for beginners and easy to learn.
Where to learn how to make the 4-way (box knot, square stitch)?There are many great resources available for learning how to make tons of different patterns. Here are a few great places to learn:
1. Free instructions for making this scouting-doggle: How to make the classic 4-way (box knot, square stitch) scoubi-doggle.
2. App for iPhone: Scoubidou iPhone/iPad app
3. App for android: Scoubidou Android app
4. The Scoubi-doggle website: Scoubi-Doggle Website
5. How to make scoubies: square stitch
Uses of Scoubi-doggle (scoubidou, gimp, boondoggle)
These crafts are great for:
- Showing off your crafts skills
- Bettering your weaving abilities
- To help one relax
- Having something fun to do on campouts
If you liked this article or found it useful, show it to a friend! Then grab some plastic lace and make something awesome!